Navneeth Murali of Edison, Shruthika Padhy of Cherry Hill and Christopher Serrao of Whitehouse Station are among the 16 spellers who made it to 2019 Spelling Bee finals competition.
2019 National Spelling Bee Finalists from NJ
* Navneeth Murali (13) is a seventh grade student from Woodrow Wilson Middle School in Edison, NJ.
* Shruthika Padhy (13) is an eighth grade student from Rosa International Middle School in Cherry Hill, NJ.
* Christopher Serrao (13) is a seventh grade student from Whitehouse Station, NJ.
Other Desi Contestants in 2019 National Spelling Bee Finals Competition
Including the three New Jersey Indians, a total of nine Desis are vying for the 2019 National Spelling Bee championship to be held at 8:30PM tonight in Washington DC.
The nine Desi contestants who made it to 2019 Spelling Bee final list are:
* Rishik Gandhasri, California
* Sohum Sukhatankar, Texas
* Saketh Sundar, Maryland
* Abhijay Kodali, Texas
* Aisha Randhawa, California
* Navneeth Murali, New Jersey
* Shruthika Padhy, New Jersey
* Christopher Serrao, New Jersey
* Rohan Raja, Texas
Indian-American Spelling Champs
Indian-Americans have been basically competing against each other in recent years.
Here’s a list of Indian-American Spelling Bee champions since 2000:
2018 – Karthik Nemmani
2017 – Ananya Vinay
2016 – Jairam Hathwar & Nihar Janga
2015 – Gokul Venkatachalam & Vanya Shivashankar
2014 – Ansun Sujoe & Sriram Hathwar
2013 – Arvind Mahankali
2012 – Snigdha Nandipati
2011 – Sukanya Roy
2010 – Anamika Veeramani
2009 – Kavya Shivashankar
2008 – Sameer Mishra
2005 – Anurag Kashyap
2003 – Sai R.Gunturi
2002 – Pratyush Buddiga
2000 – George Abraham Thampy
It’ll be a huge surprise if an Indian kid fails to win the Spelling Bee trophy this year too.
2019 National Spelling Bee Venue & Schedule
Venue: Maryland Ballroom, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Fort Washington, MD 20745
2019 Spelling Bee Finals Competition
May 30, 2019 @ 8:30PM