Oak Tree Rd
Rajbhog Cafe Cherry Hill (NJ)
1900 Greentree Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
Other New Jersey Indian Restaurants
Rajbhog Cafe Cherry Hill Sweets : Mostly Mediocre Indian Sweets
Being Indian, I love the rich variety of our sweets.
Bengali, Gujarati, South Indian, North Indian sweets, I love 'em all.
Assorted Sweets - $10.99 per pound
It's my breathless passion for Indian sweets that led me to pick up a pound of assorted sweets from Rajbhog Cafe in Cherry Hill.
Assorted SweetsRajbhog Cafe's assorted sweets cost $10.99 per pound.
I got about 12 pieces.
Alas, most of my Rajbhog Cafe Sweets were "mediocre".
Several of them were low on sugar and sweetness. Be it Dil Kush, White Sandwich or the common Almond Peda the story was the same.
- Tricolor Peda was so low on sweetness that I wondered whether any sugar went into it at all. Also, the Tricolor peda is not very different from plain Peda except for the different green and orange food colors used.
- Mango Barfi was fresh and delicious and I would have sung paeans in its praise if it had packed a tad more sweetness.
- Besan Laddu packed a flavor of cardamom and that was the only good thing about it.
- White Sandwich was OK where freshness is concerned but slightly low on sugar.
- Mohanthal was easily the worst being low on both sugar and ghee.
- Kesar Peda packed a floury taste and was slightly low on sugar.
- Dil Kush was not bad but needed more sugar.
- Madhur Malati packed moisture like Chum Chum, came in three layers and was delicious.
- Mesoor was the second worst sweet in my box. It was low on sugar and ghee and had a smell of cooking oil.
- Almond Peda tasted fresh but was low on sugar and Badam flavor.
Rajbhog Cafe Sweets RatingGoing by my experience, Ragbhog Cafe Cherry Hill sweets failed at a fundamental level - sweetness.
Hey when it comes to Indian sweets there are other options available in Southern New Jersey.
The nearby Swaminarayan Mandir in Cherry Hill sells delicious Indian sweet boxes.
If you happen to be in Atlantic City, visit Gourmet Sweets. Their assorted sweets are cheaper ($7 a pound) and a lot better in sweetness and taste.
Bottom line, Rajbhog Cafe's sweets left me deeply disappointed. - © Sagar.com